[gmpi] Re: lost-n-found #5 - GUI windows

  • From: jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:31:50 +1300

Hi,

It's not important to have two copies of the GUI.

What's important is that GMPI cleanly implements MVC
(Model-View-Controller).
  The host manages the parameters.  Each paramter may have
multiple 'listeners'.  We agreed on this.

  MVC handles opening two copies of the same View (GUI)
easiliy and naturally.

There's no extra complexity.  There's no need to explicity
disallow it.

We should not specify "One GUI instance only".  That might
encourage the GMPI implementers to ignore the MVC model, to
implement someting 'simpler' but problematic, like VST.

Best Regards,
Jeff