[gmpi] Re: lost-n-found #3 parameter stuff

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 04:21:47 +0000

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:31:22 -0700, Mike Berry wrote:
>       atof() and string-based queries to the plugin does not allow the
>       host to present a hot text, which is a problem in my view.

It does if the host wants to be clever about it. In any case complex UIs
where this is going to be an issue will be provided by the plugin in most
cases, communicating with the host, so this is not an issue. The
conversion from textual to numerical form happens in plugin controlled
code, so doesnt need to be standardised.