[gmpi] Re: licensing

  • From: jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:07:43 +1300

> Has anyone who said they would be interested in MMA
> membership, actually joined yet?

I haven't joined because i'm unclear as to what's happening.
 I am happy to join to continue working on GMPI.

I wasn't at the NAMM meeting, so I don't know what exactly
was said there. Ron has hinted that the reception was
negative "I took some bullets". I still feel 'in the dark'.

Ron, could you clarify.  If we join the MMA, will this
process (the development of the GMPI spec) continue?  Are we
waiting on a decision from the MMA?, or is the MMA waiting
on a decision from us?

Has the MMA made a decision?, if not can we have a estimate
of when?

Cheers,
Jeff McClintock
jef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Following the collection of requirements in Phase 1, the
members of the MMA
will meet to discuss and evaluate  proposals, in accordance
with existing
MMA procedures for developing standards. There will be one
or more periods
for public comment prior to adoption by MMA members.
"

Best Regards,
Jeff