[gmpi] Re: [koen@smartelectronix.com: Re: Re: Instruments done, moving on to "Plugin Files"]

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GMPI list <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:59:16 -0700

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:59:00PM -0700, Tim Hockin wrote:
> Req 84:   Plugin files must be bundled into a single file on the filesystem.
>
> --> This sounds a bit strange: bundling multiple files into a single file?
> What does it mean? 82 and 83 already state that a single plugin binary may
> contain multiple plugins, right?

What this is stating is that a GMPI plugin or plugin pack is a single
file.  That might be a .zip style file which expands to many files, but on
the filesystem it is ONE FILE.  It makes things so much easier.

> Req 87:   Enumerating plugins is done by scanning 1 or more directories for
> GMPI plugin files. If the plugin file includes metadata, the metadata
> defines the plugin(s) contained in the plugin file. If the plugin file does
> not include metadata, the plugin must be probed.
>
> --> Do we need requirements on what should be the minimal information in
> this meta-data (I/O configuration, vendor, ...)? Or do we keep that for spec
> time?

Spec time, I think, though maybe the "More..." should have some of it.
Need to re-read aarchives.