[gmpi] Re: gmpi Digest V1 #65 topic: Inter-parameter linkages

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:30:56 -0400

>I assume GMPI lets us map a MIDI CC to any parameter.  Could we also map a
>MIDI Note-On to any parameter?, can't be any harder?

we still have to cross the first threshold. several of us are opposed
to MIDI showing up inside the GMPI graph in any form.

there is nothing to stop a host from doing this, just as there is
there nothing to stop a host from using OSC, NetBEUI, AppleTalk,
AppleScript, DECnet or any other protocol from being used to control
parameters :)

--p