[gmpi] Re: a little order?

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:05:44 +0000

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 05:03:04 +0100, Peter from LinPlug wrote:
> My point of view probably is a bit less technical but
> rather related to a commercial aspect, when I comment on VST:
>
> + fullfills everything that customers asked me these days

This is an important point. Fundamentally it just has to do the job, the
users dont care wether we have amazingly well specifed velocity curves (or
whatever) unless it make the user experience better for them.

Having one plugin format for all hosts and platforms adds to this of
course.

> + dead simple

Not really. I would put VST(i) in the needlessly complex category.
Compare it to LADSPA.

- Steve