[gmpi] Re: a little order?

  • From: "Peter from LinPlug" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:03:04 +0100

>From: Steve Harris
>                       i'd humbly suggest that we start by listing
> things that we specifically do or do not like about existing plugin
> APIs.
Good start !

My point of view probably is a bit less technical but
rather related to a commercial aspect, when I comment on VST:

+ fullfills everything that customers asked me these days
+ dead simple
+ meanwhile well documented (probably not well enough for newbies)
+ comes with a handy GUI for Pc & Win
- no timestamped parameter changes (about to come)
- not all sources available (should change soon as well)

as I said, I'm no techno-head, I just looked from my "how can
i make the virtual-instruments-lovers happy" point of view

Peter

LinPlug Virtual Instruments