[gmpi] Re: a little order?

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:02:16 +0100

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 19.13, mo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
> Guarantee about order of processing (usefull for synths where
> several instances share the same voice allocation):

...so you know which instance should actually run the synth engine,
while the others just act as interfaces?

I think order of processing generally has to be decided by the host,
based on dependencies in the net, but it does seem useful for plugins
that "belong together" to be able to find out in which order
instances will be scheduled.

You *could* do it by waiting for one complete cycle (ie them same
instance has been called twice), but that seems rather flaky to me...