[gmpi] Re: Where are we?: 7.1.2/Untangling issues

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

> > Whoah - ALL of these are REQUIRED for music production?  That is - your
> host
> > and.or plugin CAN'T WORK without them ALL?
>
> No need to shout...

Sorry - emphasis was added in RFC style.  As a point of order, I rather like
RFC style notations.  There are a set of key words with very explicit
meanings.  MUST vs MAY vs SHOULD.  I suggest something similar be keyed and
adhered to in this spec.

> I thought I was answering the question, which asked, "which are currently
> *appropriate*".  He didn't ask required, he asked appropriate.  I didn't

Doh, you got me.  He asked required later on.

> That said, today if there is a type we require, it's float32.

I think Chris is planning to repost his questions, clarified.