[gmpi] Re: Topic 8 breakdown (time to focus)

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:51:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Well, sorry Tim, but that would be exactly the reason why I would rather NOT
> talk about 'controls' :-)  But if everyone likes "controls" better, I'll go
> with flow.

I'll go with majority, too.  I just don't like 'parameters' - it seems to
static.  Functions have parameters, and they don't change dynamically, you
know.  Maybe we need a new word.

I like 'knobs', but it is even more hardware centric.  I like 'stata' or
'variable' or 'controllable'.

> But it's not that important to me, so as I already said: I'll go with the
> majority here. I'll understand what you mean if you speak about 'controls'

Ditto.  Once we agree, let's stay consistent, though :)