[gmpi] Re: Topic 8: Parameters

  • From: "Koen Tanghe" <koen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:38:24 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hockin" <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>

> 1) range change
>   - make a new control** with the new range and a new name

I personally don't like the idea that changing a parameter's range (or
another property) of a parameter would require you to make a new parameter
with a new name! That just doesn't feel right at all to me. It IS still the
same parameter, only some properties have changed, but it still has the same
conceptual meaning (unless you want a parameter to have another conceptual
meaning, and in that case you'd better give it a different name indeed, but
that has nothing to do with merely changing it's value range). This idea
makes me shiver, but actually I don't mind really, with this heat wave over
in Europe, it's a nice refreshment ;-)

Koen