[gmpi] Re: Topic 8: Parameters

  • From: Chris Grigg <Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:31:02 -0700

--- Chris Grigg wrote:
Of course, and I agree... except where you say I propose a limitation.

 You seem to assume that I'm saying only parameter 0 could be a blob,
 but I'm not. Any param index should have the option to be a blob.  So
 no limitation, eh?  The idea is only to establish a uniform
 convention that you can save/restore plug state in a uniform way
 through the parameter interface.

Okay, so you're saying that param 0 must be a blob, even though it might be an empty blob, and there might still be other blobs, but param 0 is always a blob, whether valid or not (size 0). What good does that do anyone? Let's just make as many blobs as we want (from 0 to infinity) and place them where ever they make sense in the parameter list. I see no advantage to your idea, and only an annoying, arbitrary rule. Maybe I still just don't get it...

Marc

It's a very simple idea, and I don't know how I could explain it any clearer than I already have.

Returning to lurk mode...

-- Chris G.