[gmpi] Re: Topic 7.2: In-place processing

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:15:16 -0400

Q: Do we do in-place processing?

c) Yes.  A plugin is given inputs and produces it's own output buffers based
on internal knowledge or other variables.  The host is not involved, except
to furnish new buffers as requested.  The plugin must re-use or release all
input buffers.  All inputs and outputs are unique.
<<<

In other words, baton passing, right?  I vote for (c).  See my other
suggestions re. DirectX and our internal implementation of this stuff.