[gmpi] Re: Topic 7.1: Channel Formats

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:57:59 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 2:33 AM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Topic 7.1: Channel Formats

> I meant sounded better.

here it is ! you said it. :-)) according what and according who !? the 99%
of audioPro guys who work worldwide on integer of fixed point system !? and
who wake up every morning by yelling at their protools ! "this sound bad ! i
want  64bit float in my system ! right now !" :-) or who 're yelling at
their gears in studio (some of them are representing the signal with 16 or
20 bits... arrrghh and most of them have no digital interface but analog
Argghh again... :-)

No seriously again , if we use subjective argument , or if we select a
technology just because this technology is available on a computer type,
then we can be sure to be on the wrong way.

Vincent Burel