[gmpi] Re: Topic 7.1: Channel Formats

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:32:28 -0400

>What we're talking about is pure PCM float, if that's all you want it to be.
>If you don't want your plugs not to support interesting encoding, then
>reject them.

what's the difference between that and "if you don't want your host to
support RTAS, then reject it", or "if you don't want your plugins to
support TDM, then reject it"?

every fork in the road of possibilities creates a (lossy) choice that
has to be made by developers and represents a potential source of
dissatisfaction for users.