[gmpi] Re: Topic 7: Audio packaging

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:45:27 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Olofson" <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:08 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Topic 7: Audio packaging

> On Tuesday 03 June 2003 11.29, Vincent Burel wrote:
> [...]
> > > What technical questions?
> >
> > ha yes , you need i repeat it several time , ok i repeat :
> > how the effect can set the IsZero Flag according the diversity and
> > complexity of different algorithm.
>
> Well, the simple solution is always this: Don't bother! :-)

So put a flag on your message "don't bother my idea please ! " :-)

> However, for many algorithms it's trivial, and for the rest, it's
> usually not too hard to come up with a good enough approximation. You
> don't have to be perfectly accurate or anything; just don't cut too
> early. Estimate high. Round upwards. Still much better than nothing.

hum, personnally i don't feel it too much trivial , even for a simple EQ.
But i would like to believe you ! :-)

> So, don't use it in cases where you're not certain you can get it
> right. It's an *optimization*, and as such, it's optional.

the GMPI SDK is 99% not defined and we are already talking about optionnal
stuff... don't you think that strange !? :-)

> > i am an ass. ! :-)  hope this problem is solve now and we can
> > discussed without ass parasite and pissing off details !
>
> Well, we're aware of the problem now, but in general, that's not the
> same thing as having solved the problem. ;-)

didn't see that "ass" word was an introduction to come into big explanation
and analyze to try to understand and really solve the problem. :-) i
understood "ass" as a solution for Tim ! :-) and i like it , it's efficient
and fast ! :-))

> Well, it seems to me that the question is about whether you want
> clients to occasionally report bugs, or constantly whine about lousy
> performance. The former will happen anyway, and based on my limited
> hand-on experience with it, I don't think silence support is going to
> add all that much to the amount of bugs.

if you believe it ,then i'm reassured !:-) we missed more guys like you to
reassure peoples in many domains :-)

Vincent Burel