[gmpi] Re: Topic 7: Audio packaging

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

> One thing that (I dont think) has been touched on is wether plugins should
> be able to tell if some of its inputs are left unconnected, and wether the
> plugin should get a buffer of 0.0's on that input, or NULL (or
> requivalent).

For XAP - we worked out the following rule:

Every audio-port is connected unless it is disabled.  The plugin may
disallow disabled ports, in which case the host must connect it to a
zero-fill (or silent if we do silent buffers :).

/* we aren't connecting this port */
if (plug->disable_port && plug->disable_port(port_idx) < 0) {
        /* connect to the zero-filled buffer */
}