[gmpi] Re: Topic 6: Time representation

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 19:50:43 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Silver Blade" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 6:46 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Topic 6: Time representation

> There is a fairly easy way to combat this clock drift, and that is to base
> timings on the buffer-switches, rather than just by programming the
> multimedia timers.

yes i know this way. but the purpose here is to work with big audio buffer ,
so means not many buffer switch per second, so means no enough precision to
timestamp incoming event with a clock based on the audio stream... That's
why i asked ! how to timestamp Event coming from whatever inside or outside
the PC in this case with usual O/S.

> > imagine if only one popular Native platforms was working 100% ! this
would
> > be great
> > ! isn't it ! :-))
>
> So you think nobody should be allowed choice, and we should all use the
same
> computers and software?

no ! please, try to understand this joke  ! :-)

Vincent Burel