[gmpi] Re: Topic 6: Time representation

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 09:46:48 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frederick Umminger" <Frederick_Umminger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 12:18 AM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Topic 6: Time representation

performance.

:-) when you use the "it seems " in this way , you have to be sure of what
you are saying. otherwise it's not funny ! :-)

> It also seems you are not up on the current technology. Nowadays plenty of
MIDI
> data streams are sent over USB or Firewire. Those have significantly
higher bandwidth
> and lower latency than the original physical layer of MIDI.

So if i understand well , you say that there is no problem of time precision
with M.I.D.I. because we can transmit M.I.D.I. by firewire or T1000
Ethernet. people who complaint about M.I.D.I. time precision are people like
me who don't know about new technologies. Is it the official statement of
Digidesign or what ! ? may i use your argument to reply to some of my client
who complaint against M.I.D.I. management in their audiosoftware  !? :-))

Vincent Burel