[gmpi] Re: Topic 6: Time representation

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:16:55 -0400

today audio systems work with 128, 64, 32 sample buffer.
128 samples buffering is already enough to react with whatever event, humain
can provide.
<<<

Except when the user has chosen to process audio "offline", to bounce wet
signal on to new tracks.  For improved performance, we (and I suspect other
hosts) will increase the audio buffer size, instead of bouncing at the
streamed buffer size.

I also disagree that 128 sample is sufficient for human feel.  128 samples
is 2 msec @ 44.1 kHz.  A good keyboard player or drummer can control their
performance to within that threshold.