[gmpi] Re: Topic 4: Host Interface

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:42:08 -0700

I am on the Premiere team, but we have several products for which we are interested in GMPI. As you may know, Premiere has long had its own audio plugin format, which is not well represented these days as far as plugins go. Which is not at all surprising given its age and limitations. So we are interested in a new x-platform audio plugin format that is not proprietary and is standardized.
I haven't asked the Photoshop team if they are interested....

Mike

Tim Hockin wrote:

If you want your host to run as a plugin you need to consider that.

I agree. IF I want my host to run as a plugin. But given that I don't, in my case, I don't want the GMPI spec to say that all hosts need to be (or even should be) plugins themselves. I want the spec to say that host MAY be plugins themselves, and I want the spec not to forbid this.

Oh, yes, absolutely.  It is totally an IF.  But if we make it hard to do,
then we went wrong somewhere.

Aside - what is Adobe's interest in GMPI?  I assume it is for things like
Premiere, and not Photoshop... :)

Tim

Mike Berry
Adobe Systems