[gmpi] Re: Topic 3: Cross platform

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:25:18 -0500

WHY USING CDECL ! ?
WHAT ARE THE ARGUMENT !?
<<<

We haven't chosen the calling convention yet.  In fact, we're probably
getting too much into technical detail to even be having the debate of the
merits of one versus the other right now.  It's my fault for bringing these
specifics into the discussion too soon.  Mea culpa.

To summarize this debate as a "requirement", which is what this discussion
is supposed to be about...  "The GMPI specification should define the
calling convention to be used for the plugin interface.  The calling
convention should be chosen to allow <x y z> programming languages to be
supported and <a b c> operating systems to be supported."