  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:03:55 -0500

>-- are we interested in possible networked plugins? or is the general
>feeling that by the time GMPI is adopted, CPUs will be so fast that this
>is irrelevant ((it's already close... Steinberg's System Link does not
>seem to have had all that wide an adoption, implying it's not an important
>requirement for most people NOW, and will decline in importance with time
>))

SystemLink can't be widely adopted unless Steinberg opens it up
(though the technology is simple - its the idea that was
brilliant). But more to the point, i don't think that network
communication needs to be part of GMPI. its orthogonal to almost
everything that GMPI needs to concern itself with.

that is, i believe that GMPI will be (and rightfully should be)
neutral about networked plugins.