  • From: "Daniel Webb" <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:23:15 -0000

> In that case I dont see the need to support integer i/o, Obvously 32bit
> float is neccesary, and arguably 64bit float, but who really still writes
> code in integer format?
>
> - Steve

There's no reason to omit it is there ? Maybe integer sample format will
become fashionable in a few years. Floating point is not absolutely better
than Integers, just different (And probably easier to code).

> The problem is not to know first if we process float 32bits or integer 16
> bits. The problem is first to define the communication protocol which will
> help the host to implement this plug-in and the third part to program it .

Absolutely, then Steve or anyone can ignore the interfaces they don't use or
require.

Regards

Daniel Webb
PlanetGriff Citizen