  • From: "Laurent de Soras [Ohm Force]" <laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:04:43 +0100

RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 2) DAW + DSP (e.g., UAD-1, PowerCore, ProTools TDM)
> 3) External DSP box (e.g., Plugzilla, Chameleon, firewire I/O boxes with
> DSPs)

For these items I reiterate my questions :

- Is the industry actually demanding this kind of open
standard ? (people who have read the Digidesign SDK
license agreement understand why I insist on "open"...)

- Have we on the list enough experts in this field ?

I strongly suggest to keep 2 and 3 only if answer is
positive for both questions. Otherwise we risk to design
an overcomplicated, useless or unusable standard - exactly
what we don't want.

> 5) Handheld devices

I agree, it seems that today's handheld systems are globally
the same as yesterday's desktop computers. Excepted maybe
the current lack of FPU, however it will likely change in
the next few years.

-- Laurent

Laurent de Soras                  |               Ohm Force
DSP developer & Software designer |  Digital Audio Software
mailto:laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx       | http://www.ohmforce.com