  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:00:23 -0500

1) Native DAW (Windows, Mac, LINUX)
        a) audio and music-data
        b) filters, sources, sinks
        c) realtime, offline, non-linear editing
        d) drivers?
        e) other media types?
2) DAW + DSP (e.g., UAD-1, PowerCore, ProTools TDM)
3) External DSP box (e.g., Plugzilla, Chameleon, firewire I/O boxes with
DSPs)
4) Gaming consoles
5) Handheld devices
<<<

With OS's like Pocket PC, a handheld device looks more like a native DAW
except it has "interesting" processor requirements.  So I think we should
keep those kinds of systems in mind, maybe more than gaming consoles.

So, 1, 2, 3 and 5, anybody?