  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:43:39 -0500

I think allowing drivers as plugins is highly desirable and has little
cost. There is no reason to propose a new standard unless it covers a good
part of the ground expected to be occupied in the future. If gmpi doesn't
support drivers, driver support will soon be done some other way to the
continuing confusion of us all. And I think ASIO, etc. provide enough
experience to do this right without getting too complicated.