  • From: "Laurent de Soras [Ohm Force]" <laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:21:06 +0100

Steve Harris wrote:

> Back on topic, are driver plugins neccesary? I dont think they will be
> generally useful enough to support in the API myself. I think they will
> end up being host and platform specific.

I think so too. They are a good application of the API only
if they don't complexify it. Actually "driver" plug-ins are
already possible with VST (and other standards); personally
I don't ask for more than these capabilities.

-- Laurent

Laurent de Soras                  |               Ohm Force
DSP developer & Software designer |  Digital Audio Software
mailto:laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx       | http://www.ohmforce.com