  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:52:50 -0500

It was avoiding prediction of compsers' needs that I specifically was
advising. No assumptions that "nobody will every need more than 16 bits of
precision" and such. This can be done simply.

CORBA is not dead, by the way... nor is there yet enough experience with
SOAP and other XML formats to determine whether they are really going to
catch on. MIDI was an instant smash hit - other stuff takes longer to figure
out.