  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:47:36 -0500

Problems with existing formats are so fundamental, distilling them would
not produce anything "done right." But we can implement a more elegant
standard, such as a straightforward data flow graph, that will
significantly extend current functionality without adding too much
complexity. Something like Microsoft filter graphs, without COM and
simpler, and with MIDI-like control optional at any node.