  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:15:35 -0500

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean here... Does this mean you want to
target DSP architechtures as such, or only "DSP accelerators" (i.e.
PowerCore, XTC, UAD etc.).
<<<

What I mean is, I want GMPI to provide a way for host apps to talk to
plugins that might live on DSP accelerators, such as PowerCore etc.  This
doesn't mean that those plugins are written entirely to the GMPI spec,
merely that they can present a GMPI proxy layer for the host to use, and
most importantly, that this proxy can "know" whether 2 plugins are adjacent
to each other in the accelerator's processing chain.