  • From: "Richard Furse" <rf015d9821@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:49:23 -0000

I agree - I don't really see the point of this categorisation. For instance,
what happens if you want to write a pitch shifter that can be controlled
with a MIDI keyboard? Or write a "monolithic" synth with a vocoder input?

I'm also hoping that audio and note information are just indicative of
available data types. Obviously we'll need control and configuration values
too - and maybe phase vocoder transforms etc... (It remains very important
to me that there is flexibility here.)

How about we change the wording on this paragraph to something along the
lines of:

        5. What kinds of plugins do people use today, and what will they want to
use in the future?
        Plugins that generate, manipulate or consume sound-related data,
typically
music data (e.g. note and performance information) and audio.

--Richard