  • From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <amulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:55:17 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Andy wrote:

> You are of course correct here, and  the point 3B (below) in Ron's current
> list would fall into the same category.  Since the 3B says nothing about the
> connection between DSP and host one could assume that it could be a network
> ?

mm, to some extent. but there, the DSP is explicity controlled from the
plug's native code... I guess the difference is, really... even with the
current APIs, it is POSSIBLE to write a networked plugin; the question is
perhaps more one of whether some degree of network-related enabling is
supported at API and SDK level.

Regards,
        Angus.