[gmpi] Re: Time Summary (was *Ping*)

  • From: Bill Gardner <billg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:28:35 -0400

At 12:57 PM 5/20/03 -0400, you wrote:

Imagine a GMPI plugin that was
a pure music event (MIDI) processor.

I've come to the conclusion that implementing a pure music event plug is not the highest priority of folks on the list. Most of the decisions we've been making are optimized for audio processing plugs driven by automation control data, existing in a graph without audio or event feedback loops. I see GMPI as better suited for synths and effects than for MIDI arpeggiators. I'm satisfied with this direction.

I agree that we can't forget about the "G" in GMPI though. And indeed, it would be possible to build an arpeggiator with the current spec though a bit kludgy.

Bill