[gmpi] Re: Summary: 7.3

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:02:47 +0100

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:33:08PM -0600, Mike Berry wrote:
> So lets split it up:

OK, my 2p's worth:

> 8a.) What value types can be used for parameters?

float?, double, string, filename?, int?, constant size opaque data block.

> 8b.) How are parameters identified? By index? By string? By unique ID?

Hash of string maybe? Or enumeration like in LADPSA - the host calls a
function asking for port N and gets a struct back that describes it.

> 8c.) How are properties of a parameter enumerated by the plugin,
> including (only if necessary) type, range, identifier.

I'l add: are ranges hard, soft or either?

> 8d.) Is there a heirarchy of parameters?

No

> 8e.) Can the parameter list change dynamically?

No, but maybe ranges could?

> 8f.) Is there a distinction between a time-varying parameter and a
> non-time-varying parameter? Is this a fixed characteristic, or can it be
>  changed?

No.