[gmpi] Re: Status?

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:21:06 -0400

Hi Juhana,

Has anyone seen GMPI docs or are they available only for MMA members?
<<<

No documents have been produced yet.  The goal of this reflector was to
emerge with a requirements document, which the group has been hashing out
(painstakingly) point by point.  So needless to say there is no "draft
specification" yet.

Several mails indicate that GMPI development is unhealty: MMA people suck
our ideas but don't give us anything.
<<<

I've heard many complaints about problems in this effort, but this is the
first time anyone (AFIK) has claimed the MMA is undertaking some kind of a
brain drain.  I don't know what caused you to draw this conclusion, but the
idea is silly.

There is no normal feedback in the development.
<<<

Membership on this reflector doesn't mandate participation.  To people who
want to contribute and provide feedback are doing so.  Others are simply
lurking.

If that is true, then we non-member developers should take the leadership
and work on our own standard. Otherwise, our development ideas may not end
up to the standard (as has been happened already, see the mail archives),
and we end up waiting what they give us
<<<

I don't understand this.  There is no GMPI standard today; how could
anyone's ideas not end up in something which doesn't yet exist?