[gmpi] Separate Processes

  • From: "Silver Blade" <silverblade_uk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:10:11 -0000

I thought it'd be great if you could have the different plugin and
audio/MIDI I/O technologies supported by some sort of universal host, which
could be shared among processes - similar to how Windows sockets are
implemented (ie, it manages sockets and provides apps with them.) This would
mean you could share inputs and outputs between apps (no more complaints
about a MIDI device being already open by another app!) and also that the
only thing that would differ from program to program is the GUI layout,
really.

-SB