[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:00:34 +1300

> you cannot write Halion with XML+layered bitmaps. i want to be able to
> write GMPI plugins like Halion.

agree, a good thing about VST, is that you have two options:
-use the VST GUI SDK which provides a cross platform GUI framework.
-ask the host for a native window, and handle all drawing yourself.

The VST GUI SDK is a seperate SDK. That's important. You arn't forced to use
it.

How we draw graphics isn't important, What's important is a standard
interface/protocol between the GUI and the plugin.

 If that can be standardised, we can do some really cool stuff (like running
the GUI on one PC, and the plugin on another, quite easily).

I suggest any GIMPI GUI code be a seperate,optional SDK.  That keeps GIMPI
simple.

 Jeff