[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 05:57:55 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 06:31:58AM -0500, Angus F. Hewlett wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Tim Hockin wrote:
>
> > This is where I think the cross-platform GUI has to go.  A host-provided
> > GMPIGUI interface.
>
> NO. At this rate, you will soon be demanding that the host provides a
> complete virtual machine.

Have you been reading my notes?  :)

Don't be silly.  For Mac and Windows platforms, the GMPI GUI api would be a
common lib.  It's only provided by the host in name, to avoid these toolkit
issues on less wholistic systems, like X.

I agree with everyone that IFF we do this, then it should be a a seperate doc.
I think it should target the initial GMPI release.  If we release GMPI
without a cross-platform GUI toolkit, we might as well never do it at all.

That said, can we put this whole GUI issue on hold until we get there?  Too
many living threads.  I promise we'll get there...

Tim