[gmpi] Re: Requirement 3 - API and SDK Language

  • From: Jeff McClintock <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:25:40 +1300

What "prototype SDK?"

All this code we've been discussing/optimising. It's not just on paper, it compiles and runs.

I have a working minimal plugin, a working minimal host. SDK folders arranged like so...

-common          (GMPI API header, platform specific code header etc)
   -test host    (platform independent host code)
   -test plugin  (platform independent plugin code)
-Linux           (empty)
-Mac             (empty)
-Windows         (Microsoft Visual Studio project files)

Most of the code has already been posted for discussion. Virtually every suggestion you guys made has been incorporated.
We haven't reached consensus on all the issues yet, in those cases I've chosen the most popular solution and commented the code to indicate so.

Tim is ( hopefully ) at this point verifying that it all compiles and runs on Linux (it already does so on Windows).

If you guys can make one more decision (how audio buffers are handled) we will have an actual working plugin (albeit a very basic one).

P.S: This code is in no way intended to dictate the direction of GMPI. it's just a distillation of the things we've been discussing here, A verification that we're paying attention to the practical issues (coding standards etc), and has exposed a good many of our unchallenged assumptions (e.g. what language we're using).

Best Regards,
jeff