[gmpi] Re: Reqs final draft

  • From: Dave Malham <dgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:26:21 +0000

Hi Angus,
Yes, especially if this could be set up as a mechanism whereby it's the host's responsibility to ensure that the plugin audio processing thread always takes place in a NaN - free context without the plugin having to fiddle with FPU registers/add noise/use offsets ;-)

   Dave Malham

Angus F. Hewlett wrote:

Hi Tim,

Still couldn't see anything in there about rules for correct use of shared system resources (e.g. Resource Context on Macintosh, FPU State on x86)... something like:-

Shared Resources.
GMPI must define clear and easy-to-follow rules governing access to those system resources which must be shared between the plug-in and the host.

Cheers,
      Angus.

Tim Hockin wrote:

Final draft of the reqs doc.  I have finished all the edits I planned to
make.  Last chance.

I added a req re: host<->plugin out-of-band comms.
I added references to some things the SDK should include.
I fixed grammar.
I spell checked it.
I XHTML checked it.

http://www.gmpi-plugins.org/gmpi/requirements.php

Comments?  Last chance.

Tim

following rules: Please stay on topic. You are responsible for your own
words. Please respect your fellow subscribers. Please do not

These are my own views and may or may not be shared by my employer
/* Dave Malham   http://music.york.ac.uk/staff/research/dave_malham/ */
/* Department of Music    "http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/music/";       */
/* The University of York  Phone 01904 432448                        */
/* Heslington              Fax   01904 432450                        */
/* York YO10 5DD                                                     */
/* UK                   'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'   */
/*                    "http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/mustech/3d_audio/"; */