[gmpi] Re: Reqs Discuss: 12-15

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:12:37 -0500

Having mutliple pass requirements is a whole other can of worms.  How would
you envision it working from a host point of view?
<<<

A few ways.  The way we do it in a private API we wrote is we ask the
plugin, how many passes do you need?  If the plugin says > 1, then we call
it (offline, of course) with the same data pass by pass.  At the start of
each pass we call a "begin pass" method.

Multipass is pretty important if you want to write plugins that do any kind
of global analysis on a large audio signal up front, such as intelligent
noise reduction.