[gmpi] Re: Reqs Discuss: 1-11

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:00:35 -0800

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 07:30:32AM -0500, Angus F. Hewlett wrote:
> Req 6... this almost implies a full graph model. It is IMHO not
> mandatory for GMPI to define anything other than plug<->host
> communication, the graph -may- be entirely host-mediated.

OK, this is the second time this came up.  Conceptually, a plugin can
control another plugin, right?  Whether the host mediates that or not, it
doesn't change the concept.  Maybe this req should be removed altogether, or
changed to somehow indicate that there must be a way for plugins to control
plugins?

> Req 11... why instantiation time? Certainly sample rate must be provided

I'm open to changing this one.  I put instantiation time, but it probably
should just say "early in the plugin's lifetime" or similar.  Suggestions?

> Also, why would a plugin not support a
> requested sample rate? (sorry if I've missed a discussion on this)

You never know :)