  • From: Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:41:13 -0800

> you can't know UST_per_sample. its not guaranteed constant. both the
UST timeflow and the audio sample clock have drift.

That drift is fairly minimal. My soundcard sample clock drifts at a rate of 1ms every 4 seconds. I recalculate 'UST_base_offset' 4 times per second, which is plenty often enough.

Let's do the math and see whether we think this is OK. At 192 kHz, 1ms = 192 samples; over 4 seconds = 48 samples per second of drift; recalibrating 4 times per second = max of 12 samples of drift.

-- Chris G.