  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:56:30 -0500

And, as David said: it can already be done with VST.
<<<

A VST plugin can send tempo change events to the host, and the host will
follow without editing or undo implications?

Of course, I'm not a host writer, but I can understand your concerns as it
might add complexity over many of the existing systems of today.
<<<

Tremendous complexity, unless the host was designed from the beginning to
support this sort of thing.  I think the popular commercial sequences have
one thing in common: they've been around a while, before plugins existed on
the host.  So I'm pretty sure this will be similarly challenging for nearly
any host.