  • From: "David Viens" <davidv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 13:58:14 -0500

Hi

>> Only one transport controller per graph. if plugins want their own
>> "play" or "stop" buttons that are independent of the rest of the
>> graph, they can have them.
>
>yeah, I agree.

My question is why should the GMPI spec enforce _that_ when plugins
can only see/use one transport controler anyway?

I hope you dont enfoce a GMPIGraph class that all hosts will need to implement
a la AUGraph.

The VST spec doesnt dictate there should only be one controler per graph.
It doesnt even talk about it! That didnt stop us from implementing this feature
in our host without any form of "spec-hack".

Cheers.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
Montreal. http://www.plogue.com