  • From: Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:20:23 -0800

>If so, then I buy the idea that all events need sample-based time,
since that's how most plugs will know where during their process()
loop to execute the event -- but I don't get why all events need to
also have a UST time.  As somebody or other has been claiming.

because (as i just mentioned in a reply to tim) you cannot derive UST from the other timebases. if you need UST and don't have it, you are out of luck. this is not true for GMPI-controlled timebases.

Most plugs will never need UST, but those that need it really really need it.. Why not let those ones ask for it? I bet some hosts won't even offer this functionality, even if the spec says it's required.

-- Chris G.