  • From: Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:13:11 -0800

...there is no "mapping" between
UST and a sample clock - all you can do is to ask what the UST time is
at a certain time when you know the sample clock value. then you have
to pair those two times together, forever. thats why *every* event
needs UST time associated with it. you cannot infer UST time from any
other piece of information.

I understand why all events destined for plugs that care about UST need UST. But we already established that maybe most kinds of plugs won't care about UST. I'm thinking along the lines of a WantsUstTimes flag or API...? Other wise we burden all of GMPI with unneeded getUST()s.

-- Chris G.