  • From: "David Viens" <davidv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:45:06 -0500

>A) Plugins can read or generate streamed info chunks representing a moment
>in a TempoMap (VstTimeInfo-like)
>->This is allready included in VST 2.0.<-
><<<
>
>Doesn't this approach effectively limit the resolution of tempo changes
>sent
>to a plugin?  I thought in this approach each processing frame had only a
>single tempo, which means if the real tempo changes occurs somewhere in the
>middle of the frame you won't render correctly.

yes you are correct this is a limitation of VST.

For GMPI the plugin that's "hooked" on a streaming Tempo map,
should receive a vector of all bpm changes that will occur in each timeslice.
(and markers on bar/timesig changes too of course)

All events having sample timestamps (relative to start of buffer/or absolute,
depending on previous topic's resolutions since i lost track:)

>FWIW, in DXi the host gives a tempo map to the plugin, even when streaming.

Yes youre right, i didnt want to imply VST was the only API that did.
was just using VST as a comparison with the future gmpi spec.

David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
Montreal. http://www.plogue.com