  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:03:35 -0500

did you read my followup posts about syncing with an external streaming
clock like video?
<<<

Just now... sorry about that.

Mike may correct me, but I think in environments where you are doing hard
sync of audio to video, there is a house clock that is connected via
hardware to the audio sample clock.  If an audio plugin only gets to chase
frames at a frame boundary, it becomes really hard to keep audio smoothly in
sync without catastrophically dropping samples.

So in other words, even in the video sync situation, the free runnning audio
sample clock is still king.